James D. Michael
Decatur Criminal Defense Law Firm
James D. Michael—Attorney at Law
Email: Jim Michael
As a partner with the Decatur criminal defense law firm of Burgar & Michael, L.L.C., Mr. Michael has over 20 years focused practice in the areas of criminal defense and juvenile law.
Representing clients charged with criminal, motor vehicle, and juvenile offenses, Mr. Michael believes strongly that each individual deserves exceptional legal counsel and assistance in navigating the complicated criminal justice system in Georgia.
Our criminal defense law firm has an outstanding record of successful results in representing individuals charged with misdemeanor and felony violations.
Criminal defense law firm in Decatur
Being charged or suspected of a criminal offense is frightening. Experienced Decatur criminal attorneys understand that any adult criminal or juvenile charge is serious and conviction creates a record, and an experience, that lasts a lifetime. While moving or non-moving violations may not seem significant, consequences even in those cases are serious if ignored.
You deserve dedicated advocacy from an Decatur criminal law firm recognized for excellence and experience in investigating facts and getting you the best possible outcome. Whether charged with trespassing, drug violations, or drinking underage, Mr. Michael skillfully handles a broad range of criminal cases, including the following:
Areas of practice
Admitted to practice
- Georgia, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 2003
Awards and professional experience
- 2016 Martindale-Hubbell Top Rated Lawyer
- Named one of Georgia’s Rising Stars by Super Lawyers in the practice of criminal law, 2009–2010
- Former DeKalb County Public Defender
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Duke University, B.A., 1992
- Lloyd v. State, 280 Ga. 187 (2006)
- Chapman v. State, 273 Ga. 865 (2001)
- Warren v. State, 235 Ga.App. 145 (1998)
- Baker v. State, 234 Ga.App. 846 (1998)
- Smith v. State, 232 Ga.App. 290 (1998)
- Jordan v. State, 230 Ga.App. 560 (1998)
- Sewell v. State, 229 Ga.App. 685 (1997)
- Bickley v. State, 227 Ga.App. 413 (1997)
Contact an experienced criminal defense law firm in Decatur
Located in Decatur, Jim Michael is a highly skilled attorney who can help if you are facing charges for criminal, juvenile or traffic violations. Contact Jim online or call 404-857-4059 to arrange a free consultation to discuss your case.
Highly regarded among metro Decatur criminal defense law firms, we serve the following counties in Georgia: